3.2.12

Review: G&G/Dueba Star (UV2) Brown


These lenses were kindly sponsored to me by Kiwiberry1's Collection, one of my longest-running favourite shops.  (Yes, even before they sponsored me.)  I've even reviewed their service itself, here. :D  And it seems they'll be expanding soon! *excitement*

♥- Don't forget to use the discount code, NOXIN, to get 15% off your purchase at Kiwiberry! <3 -♥



Enlargement: 8/10  These're 14.5 mm,as I remember, but they have an average amount of enlargement to me.  Nothing too excessive.



Colour/Design: 8/10  The Star Browns are a yellow/gold-tinted brown.  When worn, they are typically so dark that that is not noticeable. However, they do lighten up dark brown eyes a bit, to a honey-ish brown, if there's sufficient lighting.   The awesome 'star' pattern that the lens is named for is also fairly subtle in most lighting~.  Still, I get a little halo effect sometimes, and the lens' pattern lends itself to a 'glittery' appearance sometimes. :]]




(flash)


Comfort: 9/10  One of the lenses was a bit dry, but I figured out that I just didn't soak it long enough. xD Duh. Now they're as comfy as can be~.



Overall, these lenses hit me in the middle of the average scale. No-- maybe the 'a bit above average' scale.  I needed a pair of more natural, dark brown lenses, and these fit the bill.  However, at heart, I love circle lenses with a lot more colour and a lot more crazy. Haha. These lenses are just too nice for this lens wild-child.  I'm sure a lot of you out there will love this elegant & dolly, brown lens, though.


And here are the extra pics, as usual: One, Two, and Three, Four, and Five.
*
You can watch the video review here on Youtube, or view it below.

8 comments:

  1. I love the new layout bby! :) And for me, brown lenses really suit you and these look super nice *u*

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyyy new layout! It looks really natural - I can't really tell you are wearing any ^_^ I totally feel you on the color/crazy...In my mind I know it's more practical to go with brown/natural lens but goooooooddd I love grey and purple lens! My G&Gs dried out :( so I am totally circle lens-less right now :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah these don't look good, you need something vibrant. But at least they match your muesli hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them because they're nice and natural but for YOU they are much too tame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4/2/12 14:54

    Hi :-)

    I really like your review and always get your best advise at Soompi.

    In my opinion, I think you are a guru of circle lenses and do you mind if I make a request? Could you please make a review of lenses from solution-lens shop? I think they must love your review same as me ^^

    Thank you.
    Puchy (kissmeteerak@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The design are pretty cool, looks natural too ^^

    I love your hair =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10/2/12 21:41

    I just could not go away your site prior to suggesting that I really loved the usual information a person supply to your visitors? Is going to be back often to inspect new posts
    Skechers Women's Bobs-Earth Day Slip-On Flat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kiss you also Teerak <3

    ReplyDelete